Friday, June 26, 2009

Swimming

Miles started "real" swimming lessons this week. We did the mommy and me kind a few years ago, but he is in the water on his own for these ones. He is doing well, and because of Grandma and Grandpa's pool, is very comfortable in the water. A little too comfortable. The kids are supposed to hold the side of the pool when they are not working one-on-one with the teacher. Miles has the tendency to leave the side of pool. The other day, she told him he needed to hold the side (as he floated away). He told her "But I am in outer space and I am being sucked into a monster black hole". I was laughing because although she didn't get it, I did. Oh yeah, and they have this awesome water slide the kids get to go down at the end of their lesson. Miles insists on going by himself and he "clunks" the whole way down and always come out sideways.


No comments: